Monday, January 18, 2010

Thumbs Up - Thumbs Down. 1/17/09-1/23/09.




Come back in time with me to earlier this week. I am at my endocrinologists office. I have one kid strapped to me in a baby bjorn. I'm holding the leash that's hooked to the other child. I have on a backpack full of stuff to show to the doctor and am also juggling a massive diaper bag. Dropping stuff left and right as I work my way up 2 flights of stairs. What my dear toddler? You'd rather be carried. Oh, okay. So now carrying my toddler as well as my 9 month old and all of our gear up the stairs. Why am I putting myself through this and paying a bagillion dollars to come see this doctor? Because the medicine she has me on is making me lose my hair and gain weight. Boo! All I need is for her to switch my prescription to the one that does not have weight gain and hair loss as side effects. I know what I want. I don't want more medicine, I just want the one that is natural and doesn't have side effects. Simple, right? Nope.


Endo: Let's just try this medicine again but this time we'll group it with a second medicine.


Me: How about no. I told you that it made made my hair fall out like crazy and I gained 11 pounds in 2 weeks!


Endo: There's no way that it was the medicine that made that happen. It doesn't do that.


Me: But it says so in the literature for that medication. Hair loss is written right there.


Endo: Well it won't this time.

So, I've been taking this medicine for a week now and do I feel better? No. Have I gained weight? Yes. Am I losing hair like crazy? Better believe it.

So this brings me to my first thumbs down
1- Doctors that won't listen.
2- Doctors that don't believe you.
Moving on...
1-Dole Frozen Pineapple Chunks (I know this is mango. I couldn't find the picture for the pineapple.)
By the time you bring them home from the store they'll be just thawed enough to pop right into your mouth. Ah man. They are soooo good! Smoothie them up, put them on yogurt, or just pop them right in your mouth like candy. You will love them! Give them a shot and tell me how you like to eat them!
2- Babies falling asleep in your arms. Priceless.
3- My hubbie. I've been extra tired lately due to my little medical issue and my sweetheart has been holding down the fort a lot lately while I take a nap. He's the best. (Sigh) I love him!






5 comments:

Julie Burr said...

Aww, I'm sorry! Some Dr's suck!! Hopefully it gets better soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Karen said...

next time you go...please call me to help with your kiddies!! and BOO for sure that you even have to go! oh, and I must try the pineapple, yummy!!

Lacking Productivity said...

Is it Maturlo?

She was/is my endo too, but I got the same crap, apt. after apt., and I got sick of it.

She really seems to know her stuff and helped me out with a couple things, but on the other hand, every apt. was the exact same routine, where I got the same RX, that wasn't helping the same problem that I would re-explain to three different people during every apt. even though it was right there in their records, just as it had been for the last seven apt.

Annoying.

Camilla Binks said...

Thanks Julie!
Thanks Karen!

That's funny Kira. I just had someone ask me if it was Maturlo the other day. It's not though. I drive up to the Salt Lake clinic to see Dr Swenson. I like her, don't get me wrong. I just hate that she doesn't believe that I know what I'm saying when I say it's not me..it's the sinthroid! And in the meantime I have to be fat and shed like a sick pomeranian.

Leslie said...

Hey Camilla! Ok so I didn't know you were having health problems. I am so sorry! You need to fill me in. You looked great when I saw you at the mall, I would have had no idea. What can I do for you?